Sync Install Error
There are a few scenarios that can cause the 'side-by-side' error. Here are a few troubleshooting tips that can help resolve this error.
Verifying OS Compatibility
This error can be caused by trying to install a 64-bit program on to a 32-bit operating system. Please be sure to verify the version of Windows you are running by following the directions below:
- Click the Start button, enter Computer in the search box, right-click Computer, and then click Properties. Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
- If you are running the 32-bit version of Windows, please be sure to install the 32-bit version of the Sync Tool here.
- If you are running the 64-bit version of Windows, please be sure to install the 64-bit version of the Sync Tool here.
Verify Microsoft Visual C++ Installation
If you are getting the 'side-by-side' error and you have the correct version of Trimble Connect, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling any Microsoft Visual C++ installations currently available on your computer.
To Uninstall All Current Microsoft Visual C++ Installations
- Open the Control Panel and locate the list of programs.
From within the Start screen, type "Control Panel"
Click Start> Control Panel
If viewing categories, click Programs> Uninstall a Program
If viewing icons, click Programs and Features
Select Start> Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs
- Scroll down to locate the Microsoft Visual C++ entries.
- Select each one, starting from the top entry, and choose Uninstall.
Do this for each entry, until there are no more Microsoft Visual C++ entries listed.
To Reinstall New Microsoft Visual C++ Packages
- Visit the following site to select and download the appropriate version.
Microsoft Visual C++
- If prompted, choose to Run the download to install each Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Once every package has been downloaded and installed, restart Windows.
- Finally, launch the program, or run the update, again.
If the error message persists after following all of these instructions, please contact us and we'll assist further on this matter.