Trimble connector is an extension that enables Tekla Structures to connect with Trimble Connect for sharing reference models.
Installing Trimble Connector
To get Trimble Connector installed please follow the instructions below.
Download Trimble Connector from https://warehouse.tekla.com
Double-click downloaded .msi and follow the instructions
Using Trimble Connector
Remove model instance from Trimble Connect
• Detach project
• Detach folder
• Remove reference model from Tekla Structures model
• Attach project
• Attach folder
• Insert reference model version to Tekla Structures
Download reference model and insert it to Tekla Structures model
Download reference model version and insert it to Tekla Structures model
Publish locally inserted model update
Local reference model version is same as latest model version in Trimble
• Create IFC (Industrial foundation classes format) export instance from native model objects and export it to Trimble Connect
• Export model update to Trimble Connect
Clicking model version row that has been inserted to Tekla Structures selects model in view.
2. Launch Trimble Connector
3. Log in to Trimble Connect
Login dialog appears.
Log out can be done by clicking account information in title bar.
4. Connect Tekla Structures model with Trimble Connect project
Project geographical location in Trimble Connect service can be selected.
5. Attach Trimble Connect project folders
List of available folders appears. It is possible to select multiple folders, create new folder and delete existing folders from the list.
6. Insert reference model from Trimble Connect project to Tekla Structures model
Double click folder row in the list.
If folder contains reference model that has not been downloaded to Tekla Structures model it appears as.
Latest version of the reference model can be inserted from project to Tekla Structures model by clicking cloud symbol where model is downloaded to Tekla Structures model sub folder and inserted to Tekla Structures.
It is possible to see list of model versions by clicking arrow. It is possible to insert previous version of the model by clicking cloud symbol of specific model version.
Model row has icon when Tekla Structures has latest version of the model.
Model version row with icon is the version that has been inserted to Tekla Structures. It is possible to remove model from Tekla Structures by clicking icon .
Icon means that reference model version exists in Tekla Structures model folder but is not inserted to Tekla Struxtures model currently. It is possible to insert version by clicking .
7. Insert reference model update from Trimble Connect project to Tekla Structures model
If project folder contains update to reference model that has been downloaded to Tekla Structures model it appears as .
It is possible to update model in Tekla Structures with latest version in project by clicking cloud symbol.
8. Publish inserted reference model from Tekla Structures to Trimble Connect project
It is possible to publish model to Trimble Connect Project by clicking .
If model does not appear in dialog, list can be refreshed by clicking .
9. Publish inserted reference model update from Tekla Structures to Trimble Connect project
It is possible to update model in project by clicking .
10. Publish Tekla Structures model objects as ifc reference model to Trimble Connect project
Settings selection dialog opens.
It is possible to choose export by Filter, All or Selected. Setting will be used in update export too.
Setting cannot be changed.
Model name is unique for project.
Ifc file includes parts and grids.
After successful export model appears as.
It is possible to insert model to Tekla Structures by clicking .
Ifc file does not include assembly information, which means that it is possible to export main parts only. Selection needs to be done with parts in assemblies. It is possible to add additional property sets by saving property set with name Ifc in menu File-> Export->Ifc… dialog.
11. Revise published Tekla Structures model objects as ifc reference model
D. Data handling
E. Limitations and known issues
• Dialog appears with different theme blue and gray and sometimes it looks like it would be broken. This is graphical updating issue that is in investigation.
• If project is detached there is no full cleaning of the data. It is not recommended to switch between projects with same Tekla Structures models when using this application.
• In case nothing is selected manually or by filter, export result is “Export failed”. It is important to use part selection.
• If model is updated to Trimble Connector data folder TConnect in Tekla Structures model subfolder application works wrongly.