Release Selected Files to Users
Releases are used to send versions of files or folders privately to users that are or are not part of a project. If a user is not allowed access for a particular project but we want to allow the user access a particular version of the file in that project, then this feature is very useful.
Creating a Release:
- To create a release, Go to Data page select a file and click the Releases tab on the bottom left.
- Click button to create a release and a dialog for creating release will come up when clicked.
- Enter the Release name, select a Due Date (default date is release creation date), enter the user information with whom you want to share it with and enter any notes if needed. User information is auto-suggestive based on the name of user and you can also assign it to a group. Click "Submit" to save and send the release.
Viewing, Sending and Deleting Releases
- On the left pane, click "+" next to "Sent" to expand and view sent releases.
- Select the release by clicking the check box.
- Selected releases can be viewed on the right pane. To send the selected releases, click on "Send." You can confirm it by selecting the release and see the details of it on the right pane.
- It can also be deleted by clicking "Delete" button.
Attaching Files to a Release
- Files can also be attached to the release in case you forget to add files to it.
- Go to the "Data" tab, select file(s) from the middle pane, click "More" button and select "Add Files to Release".
- Select the release you want to add files to and click "Submit".
Downloading files attached to Release
You can download the files attached to release by clicking "download files from release" button.
- Select the release and files attached to release will be shown in the mid pane.
- Now select the file from the mid pane and click "download files from release" button.